Physical Security Design Engineer
Based in College Station, Texas, Avinext is leading provider of Networking and Audio Visual systems with over 30 years of successful business. We are looking to expand our team with individuals who align with our Core Values of commitment, excellence, and customer first. These values reflect who we are as individuals and we use them to guide us in our relationships with clients, vendors, and team members. We are passionate about serving our customers and believe that our service is the difference. If you align with these values, love cutting edge technology, and having fun, we invite you to apply to join our team!
The Physical Security Design Engineer will support internal teams and clients with expert knowledge in the areas of video surveillance, access control, networking, and structured cabling. This position is responsible for the design and cost estimates of security solutions into new and renovated facilities to include all labor, materials, and professional services necessary to deliver profitable projects that meet or exceed the clients’ requirements. Additionally, this position is responsible for developing detailed plans and drawings, project requirements, scopes of work, and providing some technical oversight and QC to field teams, while collaborating with Sales and Project Managers from initial design to project close-out.
- Promote company core values
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures of company, contractors, and customers
- Be subject matter expert in physical security for internal and external customers
- Conduct site visits to develop project requirements and assist Sales with proposals
- Prepare scopes of work, plans and specifications, drawing packages, etc.
- Assist project managers with submittals, RFI’s, changes orders, as-builts, etc.
- Assist in developing service offerings for security
- Develop detailed design of network physical infrastructure, physical security, and other low voltage systems
- Train Sales on new security solutions and services for clients
- Develop and maintain relationships with security manufacturers and vendors
- Maintain industry/manufacturer certifications and individual TxPSB licenses as required by company and Texas Administrative Code
- Develop and maintain security product catalog within design software
- Provide phone support and/or field support as needed to complete projects in a timely manner
- Conduct QC and walk-throughs with client to insure 100% satisfaction with work
- Document all work in service management system as required by company
Other Duties as needed:
- Assist with technical growth and development of installers to include technical training, adherence to industry best practices, and security certifications
- Assist with establishing, promoting, and maintaining specific programs and safety initiatives
- Provide escalated line of support for service calls
- All other duties as assigned
Education: BS degree in electrical engineering, electronic systems engineering technology or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in security industry
- Minimum of two current manufacturer certifications with preference towards Axis and Milestone
- Preference for ASIS PSP, Avixa CTS-D, or BISCI-RCDD certification
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio and Project
- Comfortable using D-Tools, Revit, and BlueBeam
- Able to read and understand floor plans and designs from architects
- Has knowledge of building and electric codes and OSHA regulations
- Is detailed oriented, organized, responsive, and punctual
- Able to plan and multitask for successful completion of activities and projects
- Able to communicate technical concepts clearly and simply to non-technical individuals
- Has excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Actively demonstrates positive attitude and commitment of service to others
- Strives for excellence
- Is committed to personal and professional growth
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations
- Clean driving record
Travel: Some travel required, however, overnight stays are infrequent.
What you can expect:
- Competitive pay
- Paid medical, dental, and life insurance
- 401(k) plan
- On-going training opportunities
- Fast paced and friendly work environment
Work environment and physical demands:
The daily work environment is a professional office building with frequent visits to construction sites. The employee must be able to use a computer and tools while standing or sitting for long periods of time. Noise levels can range from low to moderate while in the office to loud when on a jobsite. As part of this job you will be required to talk, listen, hear, sit, stand, stoop, kneel, bend, rotate, push, pull, reach with hands and arms extended on intermittent to regular basis. The employee must be able to frequently walk long distances wearing boots and personal protective equipment. The employee occasionally may be required to work in tight and confined spaces. Other demands of the job require the employee to carry ladders and climb up to 20 feet with occasional work from elevated lifts or scaffolding. The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently move and/or lift up to 25 pounds. The physical demands listed here are required to perform essential aspects of this job.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.