Based in College Station, Texas, Avinext is a leading provider of IT, Physical Security, and Audio/Visual systems with over 30 years of successful business. We are looking to expand our team with individuals who align with our Core Values of Always strive for excellence, Be committed, and Customer first (our ABC’s). These values reflect who we are as individuals and we use them to guide us in our relationships with clients, vendors, and team members. We are passionate about serving our customers and believe that our service is the difference. If you align with these values, love cutting edge technology, and having fun, we invite you to apply to join our team!
The Security Technician is a critical part of a team for the installation of commercial electronic security equipment, including, but not limited to access control hardware and controllers, electronic door locking hardware, cameras, cabling, antennas, equipment racks, displays, NVR’s, etc. The Security Technician is responsible for installing the products in accordance with all applicable codes, project specifications, and industry best practices. All work must meet the highest quality standards set forth by Avinext and our clients, while assuring a safe and professional work environment. This is a full-time position with overtime likely. Most work is performed Monday through Friday from 8 am till 5 pm with occasional evening and weekend work. Some travel required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience installing access control systems, video surveillance, and similar low voltage systems
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational or associates degree in computer or electrical field preferred
- Experience with Axis, Milestone, CCure 9000, S2, and Avigilon preferred
- Practical knowledge of computer networking
- Successfully complete a background check, drug test, and have a good driving record
- Maintain Texas PSB license with our company
- Maintain professional appearance, attitude, and build good customer relationships
- Read, interpret, and follow blueprints, schematics, diagrams, project documentation and work orders to deliver fully functional systems to clients
- Use hand tools, power tools, and test instruments successfully to accomplish the work
- Meet deadlines
- Track all time, expenses, inventory, and tools
- Maintain clean, safe, and orderly vehicle and jobsite
- Perform all work in accordance with Federal, State, and local regulations
- Follow all company, owner, contractor, and OSHA safety guidelines
- Complete assigned training programs and certifications as required
- Other duties as required or assigned by management
Pay: Commensurate with experience
Avinext is a small company with big benefits and focus on helping employees build towards the future. Our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental Insurance, and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Cell phone reimbursement plan
- Flexible time off and vacation benefits
- Training and opportunity for growth
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized
- Strong customer service skills to deal with internal and external customers
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret business and technical documentation
- Valid and current driver’s license with clean driving record
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
- Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Frequent lifting of heavy objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work on lifts and scaffolding.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Operate hand tools, power tools, crimp tools, and testing equipment
- Working from ladders, lifts, and scaffolding
- Work is performed both inside and outside and subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations
Avinext is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, parental status, military service, status as an individual with a disability or other non-merit factors.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.