AV Design Engineer I
Located in College Station, Texas, Avinext is leading provider of Networking and Audio-Visual systems with over 30 years of successful business. We are looking to expand our team with individuals who align with our core values of Always strive for excellence, Be committed, and Customer first (the ABC's). These values reflect who we are as individuals, and we use them to guide us in our relationships with customers, vendors, and team members. If you align with these values and love wowing customers with service, then we invite you to apply to join our team!
The Audio Video Design Engineer I is primarily responsible for providing design assistance and administrative engineering support for the Design Engineer II and Estimator. The duties include designing architectural models, producing detailed drawings, updating design documents, and assisting with estimations which includes: proposals, scope of works, and site walks. Most work is performed in an office environment from 8am to 5pm, Monday thru Friday. However, some evening and weekend work is possible to meet deadlines.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Accurately complete timecard, document activities extensively through time entries, complete and manage one’s expense reports, and various other forms and documents as a regular course of business. All of which must be done daily.
- Always demonstrate professional etiquette with team members, superiors, and customers
- Care for company tools, equipment, vehicles, and property and keep in good condition
- Read and interpret schematics and architectural blueprints
- Assist Design Engineer II with design tasks
- Update design documents at the direction of Design Engineer II and other team members
- Develop technical drawings for architectural layouts
- Ensure project documents are complete and stored properly
- Other duties as assigned
Two-year technical degree (preferred) and minimum of one year AV field experience is required. Preferred certifications: Avixa CTS, Crestron technical certification, Extron AV Associate, and Biamp.
Pay range is $20-$24 per hour and commensurate on experience.
Avinext is a small company with big benefits and focus on helping employees build towards the future. Our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental Insurance, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Paid sick leave
- Flexible time off and vacation benefits
- Training and opportunity for growth
Avinext is committed to training, education, and advancement for all employees. We participate in numerous industry associations and help employees pursue professional certifications to advance their careers.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of signal flow for audio, video, and control communications
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized
- Strong customer service skills to deal with internal and external customers
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse groups
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing, and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret business and technical documentation
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
- Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Occassional lifting of 10lbs to 50lbs objects is required.
- Occassional reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Must be able to read color diagrams, wires, and drawings.
- Must be willing and able to climb ladders.
- Occassional work with exposure to outside elements, noise, dust, and unconditioned environments.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually light to moderate.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.
Avinext is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, parental status, military service, status as an individual with a disability or other non-merit factors.