Senior Audio Video Support Technician (College Station)
Located in College Station, Texas, Avinext is leading provider of IT, Networking, Physical Security, and Audio-Visual systems with over 30 years of successful business. We are looking to expand our team with individuals who align with our core values of Always strive for excellence, Be committed, and Customer first (the ABC's). These values reflect who we are as individuals and we use them to guide us in our relationships with customers, vendors, and team members. If you align with these values and love wowing customers with service, then we invite you to apply to join our team!
The Senior AV Support Technician will provide service and support for customers both remotely and at on-site locations with the goal of Wowing customers through service. This will be accomplished through timely and professional communication, excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills, high attention to detail, and consistent follow through. Work hours are generally 8am -5pm, Monday through Friday with occasional nights and weekend work. Some out-of-town travel is required. This is an in-person position and the job is located in College Station, Texas.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Accurately complete timecard, document activities extensively through time entries, complete and manage one’s expense reports, and various other forms and documents as a regular course of business. All of which must be done daily.
- Always demonstrate professional etiquette with team members, superiors, and customers
- Care for company tools, equipment, vehicles, and property and keep in good condition
- Read and interpret schematics and architectural blueprints
- Excellent onsite troubleshooting skills and ability to diagnose complex systems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Be responsible for accurate and complete job documentation as needed
- Troubleshoot and resolve networking issues on AV systems
- Ability to upload/download code and firmware onto devices
- Testing and adjustment of DSP’s
- Conduct commissioning and trainings for audio visual projects
- On-boarding and support of MSP clients
- Perform preventative maintenance visits
- Provide necessary training and support for junior level service technicians
- Effectively communicate with other employees and customers
- Ability to work and think independently
- Follow OSHA safety regulations as well as company and customer safety policies
- Lead and perform installs on small to medium projects
- 100% compliance with daily documentation must be achieved and maintained to be eligible for advancement. This includes timesheets, daily reports, and expenses
- Other duties as assigned
Four-year degree in electronics field or minimum six years’ experience in installation, troubleshooting, and support of AV systems. OSHA 30 hour for construction. Clean driving record and background report. Preferred (but not required) certifications: Avixa CTS, Crestron technical certification, Extron AV Associate, and Biamp.
This is an hourly position with range of $27.00 to $33.00 per hour. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Avinext is a small company with big benefits and focus on helping employees build towards the future. Our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental Insurance, and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible time off and vacation benefits
- Training and opportunity for growth
Avinext is committed to training and education for all employees. We participate in numerous industry associations and help employees pursue professional certifications to advance their careers.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to use hand and power tools in a safe and efficient manner
- Knowledge of signal flow for audio, video, and control communications
- Knowledge and use of test equipment for troubleshooting
- Ability to manage small to medium projects
- Ability to solder, terminate, and crimp connectors
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized
- Strong customer service skills to deal with internal and external customers
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse groups
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing, and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret business and technical documentation
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
- Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Frequent lifting of heavy objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Must be able to read color diagrams, wires, and drawings.
- Must be willing and able to climb ladders and work from lifts and scaffolding.
- Must be able to work in dusty and unconditioned environments.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Frequent use of test equipment and power tools.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.
Avinext is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, parental status, military service, status as an individual with a disability or other non-merit factors.