Audio Video Technician
Based in College Station, Texas, Avinext is leading provider of Networking and Audio-Visual systems with over 30 years of successful business. We are looking to expand our team with individuals who align with our core values of Always strive for excellence, Be committed, and Customer first (the ABC's). These values reflect who we are as individuals and we use them to guide us in our relationships with customers, vendors, and team members. If you align with these values and love wowing customers with service, then we invite you to apply to join our team!
The Audio Video (AV) Technician is responsible for the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of audio video systems and related infrastructure. The AV technician is responsible for installing products in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications and industry best practices. The AV Technician must be capable of reading and interpreting project documentation such as scope of work, line drawings, elevations, floor plans, bill of materials, etc. All work must meet the highest quality standards set forth by Avinext and our clients, while assuring a professional and safe work environment.
- Maintain professional attitude with strong emphasis on safety and service
- Install, terminate, solder, label and test cables per plans and specifications
- Hang, mount, rack, install, and rig equipment per plans and specifications
- Install firmware, software, updates on AV/IT devices
- Use multimeter, sound meter, signal generator and other testing equipment to properly test, calibrate, and troubleshoot equipment
- Build equipment racks
- Responsible for meeting deadlines, submitting time and expense sheets, and managing materials and tools
- Full compliance with safety programs of company and customers
- Move product, equipment, and tools to and from job site daily
- Clean job site and remove trash daily
- Complete training from manufacturers, associations, and company as required
- Other duties as assigned
The Audio Video Technician shall possess a two-year associate’s degree in electronics or a minimum two years’ experience installing and troubleshooting AV equipment. The AV Technician should also be proficient in the use of computers and have solid understanding of networking concepts. Applicants must have valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
Pay starts at $17-18/hour plus benefits, which include healthcare insurance, 401k, paid vacation, etc. This is a full-time position with possible overtime. Most work is performed Monday through Friday from 8 am – 5 pm with occasional evening and weekend work. Some travel required.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication skills (written and verbal).
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, MS Office, and business applications.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret business and technical documentation.
- Valid and current driver’s license.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
- Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Frequent lifting of heavy objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Must be able to read color diagrams and drawings.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work from aerial lifts and scaffolding.
- Must be able to work in noisy and dusty environments.
- Frequent use of test equipment and power tools.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.
Avinext is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, parental status, military service, status as an individual with a disability or other non-merit factors.