Audio Video Technician
|Location: College Station, TX|
The Audio Video (AV) Technician is responsible for the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of audio video equipment including, but not limited to, interactive white boards, projectors, screens, displays, motorized lifts, speakers, sound systems, document cameras, video conference codecs, equipment racks, control systems, cables, antennas, etc. The AV technician is responsible for installing products in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications and industry best practices. The AV Technician must be capable of reading and interpreting project documentation such as scope of work, line drawings, elevations, floor plans, bill of materials, etc. All work must meet the highest quality standards set forth by Avinext and our clients, while assuring a professional and safe work environment.
• Responsible for maintaining professional attitude with emphasis on safety and customer service
• Install, terminate, test, and label audio/video/data cables
• Responsible for hanging, mounting, rigging, securing equipment as specified
• Responsible for installing software and firmware on variety of computer and electronic devices
• Use sound meters, calibration tools, and signal generators to properly calibrate equipment
• Responsible for troubleshooting audio/video problems in complex systems
• Responsible for building and testing equipment racks
• Responsible for meeting deadlines
• Responsible for accurate tracking of time and expense sheets, service tickets, inventory, and tools
• Full compliance with safety programs of company and customers
• Operating hand tools, power tools, and testing equipment
• Must be comfortable working from ladders, lifts, and scaffolding
• Move product, equipment, and tools to and from job site daily
• Responsible for removing trash and cleaning job site daily
• Complete training programs from manufacturers, industry associations, and company as required
• Other duties as required or assigned by management
Compensation for Audio Video Technicians start at $17-18/hour plus benefits, which include healthcare insurance, 401k, etc. This is a full-time position with possible overtime. Most work is performed Monday through Friday from 8 am – 5 pm with occasional evening and weekend work. Some travel required.
Audio Video Technician is accountable to the Audio Video Services Manager. Secondary accountability will be to the other management team members, employees and customers of the company.
The Audio Video Technician shall possess a two year associate’s degree in electronics or a minimum two years’ experience installing and troubleshooting AV equipment. The AV Technician should also be proficient in the use of computers and have solid understanding of networking concepts. Applicants must have valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
• Good communication skills (written and verbal).
• Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
• Strong customer service skills to deal with internal and external customers.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups.
• Proficiency in the use of Windows 7, Microsoft Office, and business applications.
• Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
• Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
• Must be able to read and effectively interpret business and technical documentation.
• Valid and current driver’s license.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
• Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
• Frequent lifting of heavy objects is required.
• Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
• Must be able to read color diagrams and drawings.
• Must be able to climb ladders and work on lifts and scaffolding.
• Must be able to work in dusty environments.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Frequent use of test equipment and power tools.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.
Avinext is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, parental status, military service, status as an individual with a disability or other non-merit factors.